All your questions about iK Pay Link answered in one article.
Q: What is a payment link?
A: A payment link is a unique URL generated and shared by a merchant to a customer to make instant online payments.
Q: How does a payment link work?
- The merchant generates and shares a link with the customer.
- The customer then receives the link
- The customer clicks on it and is directed to a secure payment page.
- Once the payment is made, the merchant will see a successful transaction in Sales History.
Q: What is the transaction rate for iK Pay Link?
A: The online payment rate of 2.85% (excl. VAT) per transaction applies.
Q: Is it safe to use payment links?
A: Yes, each unique link is generated and supported by a secure payment gateway.
Q: Do customers need an additional app to pay (one similar to Masterpass)?
A: No. These links can be shared via various messaging platforms (SMS, Email, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, etc).
Q: Does a merchant need a business website to use iK Pay Link?
A: No. The merchant simply needs to:
- Click the iK Pay Link button on the Sell screen of the iKhokha App
- Enter the amount
- Check out and create a pay link to share with their customer via (SMS, Email, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, etc).
Q: When does a payment link expire?
A: A payment link remains valid and does not expire until payments are successfully made:
- if a payment link is clicked and successfully paid, the link will expire, i.e. a link cannot be paid twice;
- if a payment link is sent and not clicked; OR is clicked on and the payment isn’t successful then the link will not expire, i.e. the link is valid until the payment is successful. This is to avoid the merchant having to send multiple payment links when transactions/payments fail on the customer’s end.
Q: Does a merchant receive a notification or approval when a customer has successfully paid a pay link?
A: Once a customer has successfully paid a pay link, a merchant can view their online payment transactions in the Sales History of the iKhokha App.
The title/heading is “Online Payment” and is identifiable by the amount.
Merchants can also be directed to the Reporter Tool on iK Biz as this records all transactions with relevant customer and payment details.
Q: Will a merchant receive a receipt for the pay link transaction?
A: Yes, a merchant should receive the email receipt of the transaction. It will be classified as an "Online Payment," and the amount will be the identifier. Furthermore, enhancements to this process can be considered for future releases based on internal and external feedback.
Q: What is the settlement time frame?
A: The standard settlement timeframe of 24-48 hours applies at this stage.
Q: How does a merchant refund a pay link?
A: A merchant will have to do a manual EFT to facilitate a refund at this stage.
Still have more questions? Our friendly consultants are here to assist. Simply contact us at email@example.com or call us on 087 222 7000, Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm.