Tap on Phone allows you to use a normal, commercially available Android Smartphone to accept tap and go card payments, using state-of-the-art security approved by Visa and Mastercard.
iK Tap on Phone secures all card transactions with state-of-the-art, compliant security checks. When you enable Tap on Phone in the iKhokha app, we will verify a number of security checks to ensure you can safely accept card payments from your customers using your personal Android Smartphone. The security checks are also performed each time a transaction is initiated.
When a security check does not pass, you will see a message saying "Verification Failed". When you get this message, try again or check for one of the following:
1. Your device is currently mirroring its screen to a TV or other device - stop screen mirroring.
2. Your app hasn’t been updated to the latest version.
- Make sure you always keep the iKhokha app up to date to get the latest security updates.
3. An untrusted keyboard is installed.
- Uninstall any keyboard apps you installed on the phone.
4. A screen reader is enabled.
- Check in your Settings, under Accessibility to ensure no screen reader is active.
- Turn Developer Options off.
- Make ADB Inactive.
- Uninstall any apps that weren't installed through the Google Play Store or Huawei App Gallery.
- Contact support to ensure your phone is ready to try again.
Sometimes a smartphone manufacturer will install apps on a phone in the factory. These apps can cause a "Verification Failure" message. We are constantly monitoring and ensuring that these apps do not cause security checks to fail.
With each app update, our security checks are enhanced to ensure manufacturer-installed apps are not identified as coming from an untrusted source.
If none of the above is applicable, clear app data in your Settings app and try again. If you are still getting a "Verification Failed" message, contact support on 031 942 2205 or pop us an email at email@example.com