To log into your iKhokha account, your browser cookies need to be enabled. Follow the steps below if you need to enable cookies.
If you see the following message when trying to log into your iKhokha account, please make sure to open your browser and enable cookies.
Follow these steps to enable cookies
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the three-dots menu icon located at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- From the dropdown menu, select Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Privacy and security.
- Under the Privacy and security section, click on Third-party cookies.
- Select Allow third-party cookies.
- Click the 3 horizontal dots Menu button, found at the top-right corner of the web page, and then click Settings.
- Click Cookies and site permissions and then Manage and delete cookies and site data.
- Choose the option Allow sites to save and read cookie data. When you allow first-party cookies, you could select to allow or block Third-Party Cookies by enabling or disabling the tab below for Block Third-Party Cookies.
- Restart Edge.
- Click the Menu button, found at the top-right corner of the web page marked as three horizontal lines, and then click Settings.
- Click Privacy & security.
- Choose your preferred privacy and cookie settings.
- Firefox has advanced browser privacy settings: control of the privacy and cookies settings are combined together. You can choose one of the three main options for privacy and cookies management: Standard, Strict, and Custom. Select the Standard option.
- Click Safari in the menu bar and select Settings to open the Safari General settings screen.
- Click the Privacy tab to open the Safari Privacy settings.
- Clear the checkmark in front of Block all cookies.
- If you want to remove specific websites from the list of websites storing your information, select Manage Website Data and remove them.
- Close the settings and return to your browser
That's it, once your browser cookies are enabled you'll be able to log into your iKhokha account.